Benefiting the animals & our community
Equine Adoption Process
In Equine Adoptions, we help patrons find the perfect equine by listening to their preferences and desires, and offering guidance in choosing an appropriate animal.
Find your equine
- Search – View adoptable equines online
- Stop by – Visit the Harmony Equine Center
- Call – (303) 751-5772 x.7190 to speak with a Harmony Equine Center staff member
Submit your adoption application
Fill out an adoption application and submit it by one of the methods below. We’ll contact you promptly to schedule an interview and a convenient time for you to visit the Harmony Equine Center.
- Email – Download the application and submit it via email
- Mail – Download the application and mail it to 5540 E. Hwy. 86, Franktown, CO 80116
- In person – Download the application and bring your completed application with you, or fill one out at the center during regular adoption hours or at a prescheduled appointment.
Adoption fees range from $100 to $1,000. Fees are based on the training level of the equine.
Our adoption fees don’t come close to covering all the costs of caring for the abused and neglected equines that come to us each year. Generous donations make up the difference and allow us to provide vital care and second chances. Thank you for your support.
Before the adoption process can begin, we’ll ask you to agree to the following:
- You will not sell the animal for slaughter.
- You will not use it for breeding purposes.
- You will permit us to visit the facility where the animal will be maintained.
We promise to represent our animals honestly, based on what we know of their past circumstances, what we observe and what we are able to accomplish while they are in our care. We’ll make every effort to match you with the animal you want to adopt; however, we can’t guarantee any animal’s future health or behavior.
What you’ll need to bring
- Application – If you have not already submitted your completed adoption application via one of the above methods, please bring it with you to the center.
- ID – At the point of adoption, we’ll need a valid photo ID with your current address. If your ID does not have your current address, please also bring along another type of proof, such as a utility bill, water bill or vehicle registration.
What you’ll receive
Most importantly, you’ll get a lifetime of companionship with your new horse, pony, donkey or mule. Your adoption fee also includes the following services, which your equine will have received prior to adoption:
- Professional care from trained staff, volunteers, veterinarians and farriers at the Harmony Equine Center
- Gelding services (for all male animals except those that are medically unfit for the procedure)
- Current vaccinations, worming, dental and farrier work
- Professional training—from ground work to under saddle—before the animal is approved for adoption