Search our listings
Search our listings for adoptable dogs, cats, equines and small pets anytime and make note of the ones you would like to meet.
When you’re ready to adopt or have identified a pet you want to meet:
Visit in person
- Malone Center Shelter(Denver)
- Buddy Center Shelter(Castle Rock)
- San Luis Valley Animal Center (Alamosa)*
At the shelter:
Join our virtual queue when you’re ready to adopt or have identified a pet you want to meet (follow the signage to join). You’ll be added to the line, on a first come first served basis, to visit with a counselor and meet your new best friend.
In order to best serve you, please join the virtual queue at least one-hour prior to closing to visit with a counselor. Our queue may be closed at other times if we have met our capacity for daily visits.
*Note: San Luis Valley Location:
We are offering same day in-person adoptions at the San Luis Valley Animal Center. On the day you’re interested in adopting, visit our shelter between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. to visit with a counselor and meet your new best friend.
Want an appointment time?
We offer limited appointments for cat, dog and small animal adoptions at the Leslie A. Malone Center only. Schedule an appointment to reserve a time to meet with an adoption counselor and pets available for adoption at the time of your appointment.
An appointment does not guarantee that you will meet a specific pet, it simply secures the time and date of your visit.
We only book appointments two days from today’s date. If the calendar doesn’t show any available appointments, please check this page the next day as more appointments times become available. We do not have additional capacity beyond the appointment times listed on the calendar, so there is no need to call us.Questions? Contact Us
Here is what to expect during the adoption process:
- The person adopting a pet must provide a valid ID with current address. If your ID does not match your current address, please bring another proof of residence such as a utility bill or vehicle registration.
- Browse adoptable pets in the shelter and make note of who you would like to meet. Follow signs and directions from staff and volunteers.
- Meet the pet you’d like to join your family!
- Finalize the adoption. Fill out the paperwork, pay your adoption fee and get your adoption packet.
- All adoptions will be finalized on the same day as your visit. Take home your new family member!
You can adopt our small pets from these PetSmart locations.
Please check the PetSmart.com for hours of operation.
40 S Abilene St
Aurora, CO 80012
9291 S Broadway
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
Parker and Chambers
5520 S Parker Road
Parker, CO 80134
11183 S Parker Rd
Parker, CO 80134
3720 River Point Parkway
Sheridan, CO 80110
4654 Milestone Ln
Castle Rock, Co 80104
Our adoption fees don’t come close to covering the cost of caring for the thousands of homeless pets that come to us each year. Generous donations make up the difference and allow us to continue providing vital services and second chances. Click “show more” to see our current fees and specials.
- 5 months and under $200
- 6 months to 1 year $150
- 1 year to 5 years $110
- 5 years and older $50
- 5 months and under $350
- 6 months to 1 year $250
- 1 year to 5 years $200
- 5 years and older $100
- Ferrets: $75
- Rabbits $45
- Guinea pigs $25
- Small pets start at $5
We offer these ongoing adoption discounts (equine excluded):
- BYOC – Bring your own carrier when you adopt a cat and receive $5 off your adoption fee
- Double the Love – Adopt two adult cats for the price of one!
- Current Military & Veterans – 50% off adoption fees (Discount courtesy of Lockheed Martin)
- Seniors (65 & older) – 50% off adoption fees
- Seniors for Seniors Tuesdays (65 & older) – Adoption fees waived for pets 8 years and older
*Pets transferred from our out of state partners will have $50 added to the adoption fee to support the source community.
This icon identifies the pets that are part of the Transfer Partner program.
In addition to a lifetime of love and companionship, you’ll get:
- An animal that has received a general health examination and has been well-cared for by our staff and volunteers
- A pet that won’t contribute to pet overpopulation—all dogs, cats, and rabbits are spayed or neutered prior to adoption
- Microchip ID implanted and registered to the adopter
- Temporary collar and ID tag
- Temporary leash or carrier (Cat adopters: bring your own carrier and get $5 off your adoption fee!)
- Resources to help set you and your new pet up for success in your home
- A complimentary wellness exam at a participating veterinary practice as part of the Connect for Care program. This exam must be scheduled and completed within 14 working days of adoption.
- Preliminary vaccinations, including rabies. Please discuss an appropriate vaccination schedule during your complimentary wellness visit.
- Did we mention a lifetime of love and companionship?
Equine Adoption Process
Our adoption fees for equines range from $250–$2000. These fees do not cover our investment in each equine’s rehabilitation, training and veterinary care. Generous donations allow us to provide this vital care to horses in need.
Our commitment to you
Believing in full transparency, we promise to represent our animals honestly, based on what we know about their past, what we observe and what we can accomplish while they are in our care.
What we ask in return:
- You will not sell the animal for slaughter.
- You will not use the animal for breeding purposes.
- You will permit us to visit the facility where the animal will be maintained.
- Use the contact form to make an appointment with a trainer.
- Begin the adoption process. Work or ride the equine that fits your goals and skill set for three complimentary lessons. At this point the horse is considered pending adoption and will not be shown to other interested parties.
- Site inspection. A site inspection will be completed during or after the lesson phase.
- Brand inspection. A brand inspection will be completed and ownership will be transferred.
- Congratulations, you are a new horse parent! Schedule a pick-up time.