Dog and puppy adoption process:
We are excited to welcome you back into the Leslie A. Malone Center to meet your new dog or puppy!
Please take a few minutes to read this information prior to your visit, so you know what to expect.
In order to visit with a dog, you will need sign into our online queue on the day you are coming to the shelter. This is how you secure your place in line to meet adoptable dogs. The queue will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. If you sign-in during these hours you are guaranteed a spot in line that day. After 2 p.m., our queue will be managed based on our capacity to support additional adopters. Before leaving your home please check the queue or download the Qless App to see if we have extended our hours.
- All adoptions are on a first come, first served basis. We will no longer accept adoption inquiries for dogs and puppies online.
- You must wear a mask, sanitize your hands, have your temperature taken and practice social distancing at all times. Patrons who refuse to wear a mask, will not be allowed to enter our shelter.
- When you arrive at the Leslie A. Malone Center, there is no need to exit your vehicle. Pay attention to the signs in the parking lot, they will provide the information you need to sign in. This is how you will get in line to begin your adoption process. Please wait in your car until it is your turn to enter the shelter.
- While you’re waiting, we suggest you browse our adoptable dogs online to get an idea of which pet you’d like to meet.
- Only bring family members needed to finalize your adoption. Friends will be asked to wait in the car.
- Unless there is a compelling reason or behavior/history-based concern to require a dog to dog meet and greet, we will not be requiring or allowing dogs from home come meet the adoptions candidate.
- Make sure you have a valid ID with you to complete your adoption. If your ID does not have your current address, please bring a document that states your current address.
- You will be alerted when it is your turn to enter the building.
- Upon entering, you will be asked to sanitize your hands, have your temperature taken, wear your mask and practice social distancing.
- You will be allowed to walk a one-way circle through our shelter to view adoptable dogs. Volunteers and staff will be on-hand to answer questions and act as tour guides.
- Once you have viewed all adoptable dogs, you will have the opportunity to meet your top adoptions candidate in one of our meet and greet rooms. If that dog is not the right fit, you may have the opportunity to meet an additional dog. Note: all meet and greet rooms will be sanitized between patrons.
- When you have chosen a dog to adopt, we will process your adoption paperwork. Adoptions will happen the same day as your visit.
- Once the paperwork is complete and your adoption fee is processed, you can take your new dog or puppy home!
- We appreciate your patience as we work through this new adoptions process. We can’t wait to see you at the Leslie A. Malone Center!
We recognize that some patrons are in a high-risk category and are unable to safely leave their homes or enter other facilities. Please call 303.751.5772 so we can discuss adoption options with you.
Get in line to meet with an adoptable dog.