See the ways you can help and easy ways to donate.
Whether celebrating a new pet, recognizing a milestone or remembering a life lived with compassion, tribute donations to the Dumb Friends League bring hope and homes to pets in need.
These thoughtful donations help us provide loving care and vital services to thousands of animals and move us closer to ending pet homelessness and animal suffering.
You can make your tribute gift today with the following options:
Email a greeting card to one or more people to celebrate a birthday, holiday or special occasion when you donate to us. Send our eCards to recognize a special person or pet.
Tribute: Online Memorial Gallery
Honor the memory of a beloved pet by adding your pet’s photo and tribute to our Online Memorial Gallery
When you include the Dumb Friends League in your will or long-term financial plans, you help ensure we can remain committed to the welfare of animals for many years to come.
Dr. Mary E. Bates, an early leader of the League, made an estate gift that provided for homeless animals well beyond her lifetime. The Dr. Mary E. Bates Founders Society was established to recognize individuals who have followed in her footsteps and decided to leave a legacy gift to the League.
Benefits of membership in the Founders Society include:
- Enrollment of your companion animals in our Pet Guardianship program, which ensures your pets receive the best carefor the rest of their lives.
- Invitation to our Founders Society luncheon, an annual gathering hosted by our League leadership team.
- A subscription to our Closer View newsletter, keeping you informed of the latest developments at the League.
- Acknowledgement of your name and contributions in our shelter, newsletter and annual report if you choose.
- A dedicated staff member available to answer questions and provide assistance.
For more information please contact email@example.com
We hope you’ll become a Founders Society member by naming the League as a beneficiary in your will, living trust, life insurance policy, pension plan or charitable trust.
Donate Items to Help the Animals in Our Care
Donations may be dropped off at the Leslie A. Malone Center or Buddy Center.
We Do Not Accept:
Medications • Human food (other than the specific items listed below) • People or pet clothing • Pillows • Bed sheets and pillowcases • XL comforters • XL dog beds • Used litterboxes • Used cat towers/carpet scratchers • Children’s stuffed animals
Items We Do Need:
- String cheese
- Easy cheese (in can)
- Canned tuna and chicken in water
- Hot dogs
- Cream cheese
- Lickable cat treats
- Chicken or turkey baby food (no other added ingredients)
- Paper towels
- Lint rollers
- Dish soap
- Lysol spray
- Disinfecting wipes
- Trash bags, 45 gal or larger
- Q tips
- Cotton balls
- Puppy pads
- Ziplock sandwich bags
- Towels and blankets
- Cat beds
- Medium dog beds
- Cat food dishes
- AA and AAA batteries
- Distilled water
- Working baby gates
- Exercise pens
- Paper lunch bags
- Cardboard egg cartons
- Paper towel tubes
- Large, durable new/lightly used dog toys
- Cat toys
- Ping pong balls
- CD/USB/AUX stereos
- Adult shoe boxes
- New cardboard cat scratchers
Handmade Cat Carrier Blankets and Supplies
Materials that can be donated:
- Any type of sewing thread
- Scissors or fabric cutters
- Anti-pill/blizzard fleece material (old blankets, fabric scraps, Walmart fleece blankets)
Interested in making cat carrier blankets?
- Any type/size/color of thread (nylon, cotton, or polyester)
- Scissors or fabric cutters
- Anti-pill/blizzard fleece material
Instructions for making cat carrier blankets:
- Cut two pieces of fleece material 8in x 18in
- Put the two pieces together (right sides out) and sew a straight line about ½-¾ in from the edges around the entire rectangle
- Cut and round the 4 corners
- Clip and fringe around the outside of your sewing line
Finished blankets may be donated.
Donations for horses and other equines:
These items may be dropped off at the Dumb Friends League Harmony Equine Center™
- • Hand tools
- • Power tools
- • Yard tools
- • Gently-used horse tack
- • Towels
Whether you organize a supply drive, or bring by extra items you have at home, these gifts help us keep the animals in our care healthy and happy.
Our partner, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, supplies every pet in our shelters and foster homes with high quality food to meet each animal’s nutritional needs. Any unopened donation of pet food will be provided to pet owners in need through our Pet Pantry.
If you have questions about donating items, please call 303.751.5772.
Donate Items for Auctions or Giveaways
Your gift of a service, product or valuable item could enhance fundraising efforts at a Dumb Friends League event. Gift certificates for auctions or contest prizes are an easy way to promote your company to our supporters. Corporations, as well as individuals, may donate valuables or collectibles for use in League events. Your in-kind contribution is tax-deductible.
To donate your car, truck, boat or motorcycle, you need a clear title and the keys—your vehicle doesn’t even have to be in working condition. Our partner, Vehicles for Charity, will pick up or tow your vehicle at no cost to you. Then it will be sold at auction, with a portion of proceeds going to support animals in our care.
By donating your vehicle to the League, you help provide veterinary care, behavior training, foster homes and loving attention to pets in need—and help them find the homes they deserve.
For more information, call Vehicles for Charity at 866.628.2277.
Your support to the Dumb Friends League may be doubled or even tripled if you are eligible for a matched gift from your employer.
Many employers will match charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift program, click the button below and enter your employer’s name in the form.
If your company offers matching gifts, you may be able to access the forms directly through the search. Follow the procedure, and the League will be happy to assist you. Some companies also match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of our team will follow up with you.