June is Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month, and the Dumb Friends League is celebrating by waiving adoption fees for all adult cats (1 year and older) through the entire month of June.
All cat adoptions include spay/neuter surgery, initial vaccinations, a microchip identification implant and a free visit to a participating veterinarian within the first 14 days of adoption. The standard adoption screening process still applies during all waived-fee promotions. This special is valid at all Dumb Friends League adoption locations, including our Petco adoption center at Colorado Boulevard and I-25.
There are many terrific reasons why cats make wonderful pets. In fact, they’re America’s #1 companion—and here are just a few reasons why:
- Easy to please: Cats are happy living indoors, whether watching out the window or napping in your lap.
- Good roommates: Cats make great urban dwellers and are popular among people that live in the city, apartments or smaller homes because they don’t require much space or even a backyard. Plus, they’re the perfect welcome home after a long day.
- Entertaining: Cats love to play—with you or by themselves—and are guaranteed to make you laugh!
- Neat & clean: Cats spend one-third of their waking hours grooming themselves.
- Tidy as can be: Cats do not need to be litter-box trained. It is a natural habit continued from their ancestors.
- Pest hunters: Cats have incredibly sensitive hearing, even while sleeping, which helps them rid your home of mice and other pests.
- Smart: Cats can be clicker trained to sit, come, roll over and do “high fives.”
- Sociable: Cats can live happily with kids, other cats and even dogs.
- Great company: Cats will keep you company, comfort you when you’re blue and keep you warm on cold nights.
- Good for you: Cats can make you healthier and happier by lowering your blood pressure, reducing the risks of heart attacks and strokes, and improving your mood, according to WebMD.
Visit the Dumb Friends League to meet your next cat today. You can also view all our adorable, adoptable pets online at ddfl.org. For more information, call (303) 751-5772.
Have a story you’d like to share? We’d love to hear it, click here to share your story!