The Dumb Friends League is excited to honor veterans and active military by offering waived adoption fees November 9 through 13 on all pets at both the Leslie A. Malone Center in Denver and the Buddy Center in Castle Rock in honor of Veterans Day.
Adoptions at the Buddy Center are for cats and small pets only and are being handled virtually. Visit ddfl.org to view adoptable pets at the Buddy Center and sign up for a virtual adoption counsel.
In-person adoptions are being offered at the Leslie A. Malone Center. Before coming to the shelter, visitors should expect to adhere to the following guidelines:
- With limited visitors allowed in the building, expect longer wait times.
- Potential adopters can get in line to meet an adoptable pet on our same-day virtual waitlist at ddfl.org/adoption.
- A mask, covering your face and nose, must always be worn inside the building.
- Be prepared to have your temperature taken before coming inside the League.
- A military ID or proof of service required at time of adoption.
All cat and dog adoptions include spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, microchip ID and a free wellness visit at a participating veterinarian. The standard adoption-screening process still applies during all waived-fee promotions.
Waived adoption fees are sponsored by the Petco Foundation this Veterans Day. A 50 percent adoption discount for veterans and active military is offered by the League year-round, courtesy of Lockheed Martin.
Visit ddfl.org to view all pets currently available for adoption.
Have a story you’d like to share? We’d love to hear it, click here to share your story!