Updates & uplifting tales
You came. You climbed. You got higher.
Peaks for Pets proved the view is better when you help homeless animals at the Dumb Friends League! Almost 400 participants conquered our first-ever virtual hiking challenge during the month of September, changing their sights and altitudes while having fun outdoors!
A few fun facts about Peaks for Pets:
- 110 participants reached the half-mile high incentive of 2,640 total elevation gains
- 78 participants hit the mile-high incentive of 5,280 total elevation gains
- 35,246 feet was the most elevation gain over the month by one person—wow!
- Participants climbed in 11 states – from as far away as Arkansas, New Jersey and Washington!
- More than $24,000 was raised for homeless pets and horses at the League
The Peaks for Pets challenge may have been virtual, but the hikes and challenges were real . . . very real! Weekend challenges included “Highest altitude reached,” “Longest distance hiked” and “Most elevation gained,” and congratulations to our challenge winners: Tammy M., Caitlin W., Kym B., Caitlin R., Tracy R. and DJ P.!
If you have not picked up your incentives yet, we will have one more pick up event at Comrade Brewing Company on Thursday, October 15 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
You can also pick up your T-shirt and incentives at the Leslie A. Malone Center from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Friday. When you arrive, call 303.435.0179, and your package will be brought to your car. Please wear a mask and respect social distance recommendations.
Peaks for Pets was presented with support from sponsors, including the Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology. Everyone at the League is thankful for their support and our participants for changing lives one step at a time.
Have a story you’d like to share? We’d love to hear it, click here to share your story!