Congregate, celebrate & contribute!
Harmony Equine Center Open House
Horse lovers are invited to the Harmony Equine Center Open House. This free event will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 10 at the beautiful Harmony Equine Center, located just west of Franktown. Guests are invited to take a guided tour of the facility, visit equine-related vendors, enjoy food and refreshments from local food truck vendors and participate in our new chili cookoff, as well as meet horses that are available for adoption.
Date: Saturday, June 10
Time: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: 5540 E. Hwy. 86, Franktown, CO
Harmony Equine Center horse trainer, Brent Winston, will present trainings and demonstrations throughout the day. Topics include how to trailer-load a horse, how to prepare your horse for riding season, horse ownership 101 and how the Harmony Equine Center trains formerly abused and neglected horses so they are ready for adoption. In addition, guests will be able to watch horses complete an obstacle course that the center used for training and enrichment.
- 10:00-10:45 Trailer Loading (Adoption Barn Arena)
- 11:00-11:45 Selecting The Right Horse (Adoption Barn Arena)
- 12:00-12:45 Ground Work and Getting the Winter Rust Off (Adoption Barn Arena)
- 1:00-1:45 Training the Harmony Equine Center Way (Adoption Barn Arena)
- 2:00-3:00 Horse Ownership 101 (What to expect when owning a horse)(Adoption Barn Classroom)
- 10:30, 11:30, 12:30 Horse Obstacle Course (Training Barn Arena)
No need to RSVP. See y’all there!