Register your lost pet
By using Pet Harbor to report a lost pet, you will be able to notify multiple area shelters of your lost or found pet by completing just one form. Please visit PetHarbor.com via the links below.
What to do if you find a stray pet
- Take the pet to a shelter – If you find a stray pet, we recommend that you take it to the municipal shelter or animal control facility closest to where the animal was found. These agencies offer stray pets the best chance to be reunited with their families.
- Find the location closest to you. See Locations
- fill out an online found report below – If you’d like to temporarily care for the pet yourself, fill out an online found report.
- We accept stray pets at the Buddy Center in Castle Rock and the Leslie A. Malone Center in Denver. All pets will be accepted according to urgency, then on a first-come first-served basis.
- We offer call-ahead service for stray pet admissions at the Leslie A. Malone Center only. During the call, we will begin the pet admissions process while you’re in the comfort of your own home and set up a time for you to bring the pet to the Leslie A. Malone Center. To use our call-ahead service, call 303.751.5772. Our pet admissions team is available for calls 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. seven days a week.