A Sign of Respect
The Dumb Friends League Pet Resource Center offers wellness and educational services to prevent suffering in pets whose caretakers are unable to provide this care. Out of respect for our clients and to remove barriers when documentation is challenging, our services are provided on an honor system. If you can afford to provide wellness care for your pet, please see one of the excellent veterinarians in our community.
We provide compassionate services to pet owners in underserved areas to help keep pets healthy, happy and in their homes. We offer vaccines and microchips at reduced fees.
Services offered by the Pet Resource Center are made possible by donations intended to create a safety net, so no pet suffers.
Adult cats and dogs can be seen annually for vaccination. Puppies and kittens must be 6-weeks old to receive the distemper shot and 4-months old for the rabies shot. No income qualification is required.
Community Vaccine Clinics
Any owned cat or dog is eligible. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have the capacity to serve breeders or rescue organizations.
Vaccine clinics are held in collaboration with community host sites:
- (FULL) September 4 – Dumb Friends League Veterinary Hospital at Yuma,191 Yuma St., Denver, 80223
- (FULL) September 8 – JCPenney at Town Center at Aurora Mall, 14200 E. Alameda Ave., Aurora, 80012
- (LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE) September 11 – Parkfield Lake Park (south parking lot-see map), 15555 E. 53rd Ave.,80239
- September 18 – Salvation Army, 802 Quari Ct, Aurora, 80011
- September 22 – In partnership with Denver Police Westwood Outreach, 4300 Morrison Road, Denver, 80219
- October 2 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Swansea Recreation Center (in collaboration with CSU), 2650 E 49th Ave, Denver, 80216
- October 13 and October 27 – JCPenney at Town Center at Aurora Mall, 14200 E. Alameda Ave., Aurora, 80012
- October 23 – Dumb Friends League Veterinary Hospital at Yuma,191 Yuma St., Denver, 80223
Clinics are offered in a drive-through format. Appointments are available between 8:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Register for an account in our Patient Portal system. After registering you can view available appointment times and book an appointment for your pet.
Payment is due at the time of service; cash, check and credit cards are accepted.
- $20 for limited exam, rabies and distemper vaccinations
- $25 for microchips