We offer limited appointments at the Leslie A. Malone Center, Monday through Friday.
An appointment does not guarantee that you can meet with a specific pet; it simply secures the time and date of your visit.
*NOTE: We only book appointments one day in advance. If the calendar doesn’t show any available appointments, please check this page the next day, as more appointment times may become available. We do not have additional capacity beyond the appointment times listed on the calendar.
Step 3. Complete your adoption
- Once your visit is complete, complete the paperwork, pay your adoption fee, and receive your adoption packet.
- Please bring a valid ID with your current address. If your ID does not match your current address, please bring another proof of residence, such as a utility bill or vehicle registration. To adopt, you must provide this information.
- All adoptions will be finalized on the same day as your visit. Take home your new family member!
Our small pets are also available for adoption from these PetSmart locations.
Please check the PetSmart.com for hours of operation.
40 S Abilene St
Aurora, CO 80012
9291 S Broadway
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
Parker and Chambers
5520 S Parker Road
Parker, CO 80134
11183 S Parker Rd
Parker, CO 80134
3720 River Point Parkway
Sheridan, CO 80110
4654 Milestone Ln
Castle Rock, Co 80104
How much does it cost to adopt a pet?
Cats and Kittens: *
- 5 months and under $200
- 6 months to 1 year $150
- 1 year to 5 years $110
- 5 years and older $50
Dogs and Puppies: *
- 5 months and under $350
- 6 months to 1 year $250
- 1 year to 5 years $200
- 5 years and older $100
- Ferrets: $75
- Rabbits $45
- Guinea pigs $30
- Small pets start at $5
Ongoing adoption discounts (equine are excluded)
- BYOC—Bring your own carrier when you adopt a cat and receive $5 off your adoption fee
- Double the Love—Adopt two adult cats for the price of one!
- Current Military & Veterans—50% off adoption fees (Discount courtesy of Lockheed Martin)
- Early Bird—$50 off all adoptions Mondays through Thursdays from open to 1:00 p.m.
- Seniors (65 & older)—50% off adoption fees
- Seniors for Seniors Tuesdays (65 & older)—Adoption fees waived for pets 8 years and older
- Small, but Mighty Guinea Pigs—Adopt one Guinea pig and adopt the 2nd one for free (same sex only)
What is included when I adopt a pet?
In addition to a lifetime of love and companionship, you’ll receive:
- An animal that has received a general health examination and has been well-cared for by our staff and volunteers
- A pet that won’t contribute to pet overpopulation—all dogs, cats, and rabbits are spayed or neutered prior to adoption
- Microchip ID implanted and registered to the adopter
- Temporary collar and ID tag
- Temporary leash or carrier (Cat adopters: bring your own carrier and get $5 off your adoption fee!)
- Resources to help set you and your new pet up for success in your home
- A complimentary wellness exam at a participating veterinary practice as part of the Connect for Care program. This exam must be scheduled and completed within 14 working days of adoption.
- Preliminary vaccinations, including rabies. Please discuss an appropriate vaccination schedule during your complimentary wellness visit.
- People who adopt a cat or dog from the League now have the opportunity to protect their new friend by activating 30 days of complimentary coverage from MetLife Pet Insurance! 1
For more information and to activate a plan, League adopters can call MetLife Pet Insurance at 855-890-7387. No payment information is required to sign up, and calls can be taken in almost any language.
- Did we mention a lifetime of love and companionship?
1 Coverage issued by Metropolitan General Insurance Company (“MetGen”), a Rhode Island insurance company, headquartered at 700 Quaker Lane, Warwick, RI 02886, and Independence American Insurance Company (“IAIC”), a Delaware insurance company, headquartered at 11333 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 160, Scottsdale, AZ 85454. Coverage subject to restrictions, exclusions and limitations and application is subject to underwriting review. See policy or contact MetLife Pet Insurance Solutions LLC (“MetLife Pet”) for complete details. MetLife Pet is the policy administrator. The entity may operate under an alternate, assumed, or fictitious name in certain jurisdictions, including MetLife Pet Insurance Services LLC (New York and Minnesota) and MetLife Pet Insurance Solutions Agency LLC (Illinois).