The Dumb Friends League offers affordable spay/neuter services to all owned pet cats and feral/community cats. We can offer these services thanks to the generosity of our donors. We currently cannot provide these services to for-profit breeders or rescue groups. We recommend that tame, friendly cats without owners be taken to an animal shelter for adoption.
- Your cat must be two months old and weigh 2 lbs for spay/neuter surgery.
- Pets less than six months old can eat normally the morning before surgery. Pets six months or older should not eat after midnight the night before surgery. Water is okay for all pets before surgery.
- Pets eight years and older require bloodwork before surgery. Please visit your regular veterinarian to obtain bloodwork before scheduling. This service is also available through the Dumb Friends League Veterinary Hospital for an additional fee. You can contact the hospital at 303.722.5800 for more information.
- Drop-off time for surgery is staggered between 7-8 a.m.
- You will be given a discharge time when you drop off in the morning. Pick-up will be later that same afternoon, but it varies depending on our surgery schedule, so a more specific time will be given to you the morning of surgery.
- The spay/neuter calendar is opened several weeks in advance. If you are trying to book an appointment and do not see anything available, it means that our calendar is full. Please keep checking for availability, as cancelations happen and appointments may become available.
Owned pet cats
- Spay surgery $60
- Neuter surgery $30
- Microchips $25
- Vaccines: rabies $15, feline distemper $25
Payment is due at the time of service; cash, check and cards are accepted.
*All cats must be brought in using a secure carrier. If you do not have one, disposable cardboard carriers are available for $5.
- Spay/Neuter surgery is free and includes vaccines for rabies and distemper
- All feral cats must be brought in a humane trap
- All feral cats will receive an ear tip
Contact MetroCat with questions at 844.336.2287
ADULT FERAL/COMMUNITY CATS
Feral cats are unowned, outdoor cats that do not allow themselves to be handled or touched, and do not have the potential to be socialized into pets. These cats must come in humane cat traps to the clinic and receive ear tips on their left ears. Feral cat surgeries are free and include rabies and distemper vaccines.
To make an appointment to bring a trapped feral or community cat to our spay/neuter clinic or if you have additional questions about feral/community cats, please email
You can also contact MetroCat by phone at 844.336.2287
Feral kittens less than three months old have the potential to be socialized. Weaned feral kittens around six weeks of age should be taken to an animal shelter where they can be vaccinated, socialized, spayed or neutered and adopted into loving homes.
If you have a tame cat and live in one of our priority zip codes, please visit our MetroCat team page, as fees for these clients are discounted:
- 80204 (Valverde/Barnum)
- 80216 (Globeville/Elyria-Swansea)
- 80219 (Westwood)
- 80223 (Ruby Hill)
- 80239 (Montbello)
Please be advised that the CSU Spur campus is still under construction. Our building is located on the north side of the campus.
Coming from the south: From 46th Ave, turn left (north) onto National Western Dr. Continue between the Terra and Hydro Buildings. At the stop sign turn left onto Bettie Cram Dr. We are housed in the Vida Building, which will be on your right. The entrance is on the west side of the building.
Coming from the north: From 58th Avenue heading west, go past Washington St. and turn right onto Franklin St. which turns into National Western Dr. at the street light at Race Ct.; continue going straight. Continue another ¼ mile to the end of the road. We are on the northwest corner of National Western Dr. and Bettie Cram Dr.
There is limited parking on Bettie Cram Dr., with additional parking in the parking lot off National Western Dr. on the west side of the building. The entrance to the spay/neuter clinic is also located on the west side of the building. Follow the Dumb Friends League signs to the spay/neuter clinic lobby. Check-in will take place on the 2nd floor (elevator is available).