The Dumb Friends League offers affordable spay/neuter services to all owned, pet cats and feral/community cats. We are able to offer these services thanks to the generosity of our donors.
We are not able to provide these services to dogs, for-profit breeders, or rescue groups at this time. We recommend that tame, friendly cats without owners be taken to an animal shelter for adoption.
How much does it cost to spay or neuter my pet?
Cat spay/neuter surgery is currently offered free to the community. Beginning January 1, 2021, there will be a $25 charge for spay/neuter services for owned cats. We will continue to offer free spay/neuter surgeries to trapped feral/community cats.
Vaccines for rabies and distemper are included with the spay/neuter surgery. Microchips, FeLV/FIV testing and FeLV vaccines each cost an additional $25.
Dog spay/neuter surgery will soon be offered at the Solutions – Spay/Neuter Clinic at reduced fees. Please check back for updates.
What do I need to know before making an appointment at Solutions – Spay/Neuter Clinic?
- Kittens must be two months old and weigh two pounds to have surgery.
- Senior cats eight years and older require blood work prior to surgery. Blood work can be obtained from your private veterinarian or at the Dumb Friends League Solutions – Veterinary Hospital.
- If your cat has recently had kittens, please wait until the kittens are weaned, which happens at approximately six weeks old, before scheduling mom’s surgery.
- We are able to perform surgery on cats in heat.
- If your cat has an acute illness, please seek veterinary care to resolve the issue prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Contact email@example.com prior to scheduling if your cat has any chronic health issue or is on long term medication.
How do I schedule an appointment for spay or neuter for my pet?
We are no longer scheduling appointments for the Dumb Friends League Solutions – Spay/Neuter Clinic at 191 Yuma Street in Denver. As the increase in COVID-19 cases impacts our community, we must ensure that we can continue offering vital services to pets in need. While the decision to suspend spay/neuter services was difficult, it is necessary because it will allow our talented veterinary teams to focus on our core essential services; providing shelter and care to homeless pets and urgent care to pets in our community. We will regularly reevaluate the suspension of this program and look forward to resuming this public service as soon as feasible.
Why does the Dumb Friends League offer low-cost and no-cost spay and neuter services to the community?
Our mission is to end pet homelessness and animal suffering. We can help reduce the number of unwanted pets on the streets and in our shelters by offering low-cost and no-cost spay/neuter services to our community.
How is the Dumb Friends League able to offer low-cost and no-cost spay and neuter services?
Our spay/neuter program is made possible thanks to generous support from our donors.
191 Yuma St.
Denver, CO 80223
Please note: The entrance to the Solutions – Spay/Neuter Clinic is on the East side of the building.
Appointments are available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Drop-off time for surgery is staggered between 7-8a.m. to improve social distancing.
Pick-up time is 3:30 p.m. for male cats, 4:30 p.m. for female cats.
Payment is due at the time of service; cash, check and cards are accepted.
Owned, pet cats
- Spay/neuter surgery $25 – fee includes vaccines for rabies and distemper
- Microchips $25
- FeLV vaccine $25
- FeLV/FIV test $25
*All feral cats must be brought in a humane trap
*All feral cats will receive an ear tip
- Spay/Neuter surgery is Free – includes vaccines for rabies and distemper
- FeLV vaccine $25
- FeLV/FIV test $25
Make an appointment
To make an appointment for an owned, pet cat click here.
For information on how to bring a feral cat in to our spay/neuter clinic, please click here.