Benefiting the animals & our community
On our mobile spay/neuter clinics, we reach out in a spirit of compassion to pet owners in underserved areas by providing high-quality, affordable spay/neuter surgeries to their cats and dogs.
Pet owners in underserved areas can get spay/neuter services for their pets at reduced fees, subsidized by Dumb Friends League donors, through our mobile spay/neuter clinics.
The Meow Mobile offers spay/neuter services for cats, and the Lulu Mobile offers spay/neuter services for dogs. We do not provide services to animals who are not undergoing spay/neuter services.
We also partner with local animal welfare organizations in a trap-neuter-return (TNR) program for community (unowned) cats to help reduce the number of unwanted litters born and the number of kittens and cats brought to shelters.
Both clinics are staffed with veterinarians who are licensed in the state of Colorado.
Mobile clinic fees
Please note: We do not take animals over 8 years old without recent blood work.
- Cats – We offer cat spay/neuter surgeries for FREE, including age-appropriate vaccinations (rabies and distemper vaccines). No income qualification is required for free cat spay/neuter surgeries.
- Dogs – We offer dog spay/neuter surgeries, including age-appropriate vaccines (rabies and distemper vaccines), for $50 to patrons who qualify.
We accept cash, check or credit cards for payment. Donations are greatly appreciated.
Also offering the following additional service:
- Feline Leukemia (FeLV) Vaccine – $25 – Meow Mobile only
- FeLV/FIV Combo Test – $25 – Meow Mobile only
- Microchip – $25 – Lulu and Meow Mobile
While spay/neuter services are provided for free or at a low cost, a donation of any amount to help fund these programs is appreciated.
- Pets – Puppies and kittens need to be at least 8 weeks of age and weigh 2 pounds for surgery. We do not take animals 8 years and older without recent blood work, performed no more than 30 days prior to appointment date. Animals taking medication for any health condition should delay surgery until all medication is finished and treatment is complete. For patrons with animals being treated for chronic medical conditions, please call Dumb Friends League to discuss the pet’s specific condition and determine if surgery can be performed. We do not accept cats from for profit breeders. We will spay female pets that are in heat.Do not feed adult animals after midnight the evening before surgery. If they are kittens or puppies under 6 months of age, feed them as normal. Water is ok for all ages.
- Income – Cat spay/neuter surgeries are always free, and no qualification is necessary. One of the following documents will qualify you to receive a dog spay/ neuter surgery for $50.
Please bring a printed copy of one of the following documents when you check your dog in:
- Quest or EBT card
- Paycheck stub showing no more than $769 per paycheck
- Income-tax return form showing income of no more than $40,000 per year
- Current unemployment check stub
- Medicaid card showing current enrollment
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) ID or letter
- Proof of enrollment in the FDPIR Program
- Proof of enrollment in the WIC Program
If you do not qualify for the Dumb Friends League mobile spay/neuter services, please see more resources for spay/neuter surgery.
After surgery instructions
- Post-surgery – Download printable post-surgery instructions, home-care instructions and FAQs.
Mobile clinic schedules
Mobile clinic spay/neuter surgeries can be scheduled by appointment, and those with appointments will be given first priority.
Walk-ups will be accepted after appointments as space allows, for those who qualify. Please arrive no later than 7:30 a.m. to check in for a walk-up appointment.
If you would like to reschedule your appointment or unable to schedule more than one of your pets on the same day, please call 303.751.5772 or email email@example.com. Thank you.
Please leave your pet(s) in your vehicle during check-in.
Please note that the entire check-in and examination process can take between 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
More resources for spay/neuter surgery
- Low-cost – If you are unable to use Dumb Friends League mobile spay/neuter services, please call Solutions – Veterinary Hospital for information on low-cost veterinary services.
- Other – Those making over $40,000 in income per year should contact a veterinarian for spay/neuter services. If you need assistance finding a veterinarian in Colorado, please visit www.colovma.org to locate a veterinary clinic near you.
Pet Wellness Clinic
clínica de bienestar para mascotas
These clinics are for pets whose caretakers would otherwise be unable to provide this care. If you can afford to provide this care for your pet, please obtain that care from one of the excellent veterinarians in our community. Thank you.
Estas clínicas son para dueños con acceso limitado a atención veterinario. Si puede pagar para este cuidado de otra manera, por favor visite uno de los excelentes veterinarios privados en nuestra comunidad. Muchas gracias.
Saturdays, 8 a.m.–12 p.m.
Sabados, 8:00 de la mañana hasta 12:00 de la tarde
The Dumb Friends League Solutions – Veterinary Hospital is offering rabies and distemper vaccinations for $20 for cats and dogs. Microchips will also be available for $25. This is a first come first serve event for 100 people. We encourage you to be in line by 8 a.m.
The Dumb Friends League Solutions – Veterinary Hospital ofrece un examen veterinario limitado y todas las vacunas básicas necesarias para $20 para gatos y perros. También ofrece microchips por $25. Ofrecemos los servicios en orden de llegada para las primeras 100 personas.
Recomendamos que llegue y haga la cola a las 8:00 de la manana.
Solutions – Veterinary Hospital 191 Yuma St., Denver, CO 80223
Support for the Pet Wellness Clinic provided by The Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Preventative Care Fund