Benefiting the animals & our community
On our mobile spay/neuter clinics, we reach out in a spirit of compassion to pet owners in underserved areas by providing high-quality, affordable spay/neuter surgeries to their cats and dogs.
Pet owners in underserved areas can get spay/neuter services for their pets at reduced fees, subsidized by Dumb Friends League donors, through our mobile spay/neuter clinics.
The Meow Mobile offers spay/neuter services for cats, and the Lulu Mobile offers spay/neuter services for dogs. We do not provide services to animals who are not undergoing spay/neuter services.
We also partner with local animal welfare organizations in a trap-neuter-return (TNR) program for community (unowned) cats to help reduce the number of unwanted litters born and the number of kittens and cats brought to shelters.
Both clinics are staffed with veterinarians who are licensed in the state of Colorado.
Are you a veterinarian interested in volunteering on one of our mobile clinics? Click here.
Mobile clinic fees
Please note: We do not take animals over 8 years old without recent blood work.
- Cats – We offer cat spay/neuter surgeries for FREE, including age-appropriate vaccinations (rabies and distemper vaccines). No income qualification is required for free cat spay/neuter surgeries.
- Dogs – We offer dog spay/neuter surgeries, including age-appropriate vaccines (rabies and distemper vaccines), for $50 to patrons who qualify.
We accept cash, check or credit cards for payment. Donations are greatly appreciated.
Also offering the following additional service:
- Feline Leukemia (FeLV) Vaccine – $25 – Meow Mobile only
- FeLV/FIV Combo Test – $25 – Meow Mobile only
- Microchip – $25 – Lulu and Meow Mobile
- Pets – Puppies and kittens need to be at least 8 weeks of age and weigh 2 pounds for surgery. We do not take animals 8 years and older without recent blood work, performed no more than 30 days prior to appointment date. Animals taking medication for any health condition should delay surgery until all medication is finished and treatment is complete. For patrons with animals being treated for chronic medical conditions, please call Dumb Friends League to discuss the pet’s specific condition and determine if surgery can be performed. We do not accept cats from for profit breeders. We will spay female pets that are in heat.Do not feed adult animals after midnight the evening before surgery. If they are kittens or puppies under 6 months of age, feed them as normal. Water is ok for all ages.
- Income – Cat spay/neuter surgeries are always free, and no qualification is necessary. One of the following documents will qualify you to receive a dog spay/ neuter surgery for $50.
Please bring a printed copy of one of the following documents when you check your dog in:
- Quest or EBT card
- Paycheck stub showing no more than $769 per paycheck
- Income-tax return form showing income of no more than $40,000 per year
- Current unemployment check stub
- Medicaid card showing current enrollment
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) ID or letter
- Proof of enrollment in the FDPIR Program
- Proof of enrollment in the WIC Program
If you do not qualify for the Dumb Friends League mobile spay/neuter services, please see more resources for spay/neuter surgery.
After surgery instructions
- Post-surgery – Download printable post-surgery instructions, home-care instructions and FAQs.
Mobile clinic schedules
Mobile clinic spay/neuter surgeries can be scheduled by appointment, and those with appointments will be given first priority.
Walk-ups will be accepted after appointments as space allows, for those who qualify. Please arrive no later than 7:30 a.m. to check in for a walk-up appointment.
The Meow Mobile will not hold offsite clinics until April 2019 due to construction. Please schedule an appointment at the Solutions – Cat Spay/Neuter Clinic located at 191 Yuma Street in Denver.
If you would like to reschedule your appointment or unable to schedule more than one of your pets on the same day, please call 303.751.5772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Please leave your pet(s) in your vehicle during check-in.
Please note that the entire check-in and examination process can take between 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
More resources for spay/neuter surgery
- Low-cost – If you are unable to use Dumb Friends League mobile spay/neuter services, please call Solutions – Veterinary Hospital for information on low-cost veterinary services.
- Other – Those making over $40,000 in income per year should contact a veterinarian for spay/neuter services. If you need assistance finding a veterinarian in Colorado, please visit www.colovma.org to locate a veterinary clinic near you.