Below are some key items that we can always use to help the animals in our care. If you have questions about donating items please call (303) 751-5772.

Donate items for homeless pets

Donations may be dropped off in our adoption lobby at the information desk at either of our shelters. We do not need dog or cat food at this time but we do need many other items. We give special thanks to Hill’s Pet Nutrition for providing all the food for the homeless pets in our care.

  • Cheese Sticks
  • Distilled water
  • Towels and blankets: all sizes from face cloth to bath size
  • Hill’s Science Diet or Ideal Balance cat and dog treats
  • Tuna, hot dogs
  • Meat-flavored baby food without onions or garlic in the ingredients
  • Canned cat food
  • Dog toys: Kongs
  • Bleach, laundry and dish soap
  • Housetraining pads
  • Lint rollers
  • Paper towels
  • Trash bags: 45 gallon or larger
  • Digital cameras and memory cards for digital camera
  • AA, AAA and D batteries (preferably rechargeable)
  • Cotton balls
  • Sandwich bags
  • Individually wrapped toothbrushes
  • Scouring pads
  • Pill pockets
  • Disinfecting wipes
  • Towels of all sizes
  • Fleece
  • Ping Pong balls
  • Adult shoe boxes
  • Paper towel cardboard rolls
  • New or slightly used golf cart
  • CD Radios
  • Q-tips

We do not accept medications.

Download Wish List.

Donate items for equines

Donations may be dropped off at the information desk at the Harmony Equine Center.

  • Hand tools
  • Power tools
  • Yard tools
  • Gently-used horse tack
  • Towels

Download Wish List.

Donate items for auctions or giveaways

Consider donating a service, product or item for use at one of the Dumb Friends League events. Gift certificates are used for auctions as well as for contest prizes, and are an easy way to promote your company to our supporters. Corporations as well as individuals may donate valuables or collectibles for use in auctions. Your contribution is tax-deductible.

Download auction donation form.

For more information, please contact Melannie Grimme at or at (720) 241-7150.