The 2021 Dumb Friends League Furry Scurry is in the books, and what an event we saw this year! True. True. There were challenges this year, but there were also oppawtunities to make this much-loved fundraiser the best event ever, and we are so thankful for our supporters who came together to help the animals in our care until they can make a house a home.
A few fun facts to share:
- In addition to Colorado, we had registered participants join us from Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Wow! Talk about paws across the country!
- We received donations from all 50 states! Now that’s wagging it forward.
- Thirty percent of participants fundraised, which is double from a traditional year. Yeah you!
- A horse participated (well, why the hay not?) this year, as did Cedric Piggery and our very own Veterinary Services team . . . while working!
- We’re proud to report that to date, League staff teams raised more than $40,000 in donations!
“This year’s Furry Scurry was like no other,” said Special Events Manager Natalie Cutter. “Having an entirely virtual event from the kickoff allowed us to reach out to our supporters who are not able to make it to the park on event day, focus on the flexibility of a virtual walk and really see how creative people can be as they scurried around (and outside of) the state. I know that when we can be in Wash Park again (come on, 2022!), we will likely take some elements from the virtual walks over the past two years with us to create a really strong Furry Scurry for the future.”
Don’t forget you can still register and walk through May 31 and fundraise until June 1 to make even more of a difference for the animals in our care and earn cool incentives! Visit furryscurry.org to learn more!
The 2021 Furry Scurry is made possible by our community partners, including Hill’s Pet Nutrition and MetLife.