The Dumb Friends League is known for placing cats, dogs, and even horses into homes with caring adopters. But, did you know that we also have small pets, or SMAMS (short for small mammals) as we like to call them, available for adoption. We have hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits and rats (just to name a few) all waiting on a second chance at a new life. See adoptable SMAMS here.
YOU CAN ALSO ADOPT OUR SMALL PETS FROM THE FOLLOWING PETSMART LOCATIONS.
40 S Abilene St
Aurora, CO 80012
9291 S Broadway
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
Parker and Chambers
5520 S Parker Road
Parker, CO 80134
11183 S Parker Rd
Parker, CO 80134
How much does it cost to adopt a small pet?
Our adoption fees don’t come close to covering the cost of caring for the thousands of homeless pets that come to us each year. Generous donations make up the difference and allow us to continue providing vital services and second chances.
- Small pets start at $5
- Guinea pigs $15
- Rabbits $35
- Ferrets: $55
What do I get when I adopt a small pet?
In addition to a lifetime of love and companionship, you’ll get:
- An animal that has received a general health examination and has been well-cared for by our staff and volunteers
- Rabbits are spayed or neutered prior to adoption
- Temporary carrier
- Resources to help set you and your new pet up for success in your home
- A complimentary wellness exam at a participating veterinary practice as part of the Connect for Care program. This exam must be scheduled and completed within 14 working days of adoption.
- Preliminary vaccinations. Please discuss an appropriate vaccination schedule during your complimentary wellness visit.
- Did we mention a lifetime of love and companionship?